Houston, We Have a Problem!

Wow…I can not believe the last post I made was September 29th! That’s crazy. But things have been busy…but still that’s no excuse. My Virtual Assistant business is booming, not leaving a lot of free time for blogging. I’m still settling in and adjusting to being in a new town and not having my son with me 24/7. You would think going into the fourth month of being in a new town/place that I would be all settled but I’m not. But I love it here. I love the town – even though I totally don’t fit in! (This town is full of rich people…big boats, bigger houses, nice cars, yada yada yada. But even though I don’t fit in I still love it. It’s an amazing town – the beauty is awesome. Seriously I never knew that I would be so in awe of living in a place that was surrounded by water, boats and ritzy people!)

Ok…so onto my health/weight. Uhm, it’s NOT pretty. I let myself gain quite a bit of weight once I moved in here and ‘felt sorry’ for myself that I had no friends to hang out with (truth is, even if I had made friends right off the bat I think I would have had found excuses to stay home & eat!). It got so bad that I was so swollen I could barely walk up/down my steps because it hurt…my feet were so swollen that bending them literally made me cry out in pain – that’s the worst they’ve ever been. The swelling had even moved up into my calves/legs. Again, the worst it’s ever been – it’s never been more than just my ankles/feet. So, I knew things had gotten really bad and it was time to do something. Here’s the proof of how bad I let things get (the scale was NOT my friend that’s for sure..but I needed to know what I was facing)…

Weigh In 11-6-11

Yeah, like I said it’s NOT pretty! Now, not only was the swelling the worst it had ever been but I now officially was bigger than ever. I thought weighing in at 316 awhile ago was bad…there was just something about 323 that was a thousand times worse than 316. I don’t know how to explain it but it was just worse!

I made a decision that day to start making some baby steps towards changing things. My first baby step was to start drinking water. I had been so addicted to Diet Coke that it was nothing to drink 3-6 of them a day (and no water at all!). I bought a 24 ounce Halloween cup on clearance at Wal-Mart the day after Halloween so that was perfect to start drinking more water. I “killed” that baby step – every day often going above the goal I had set of 64 ounces!  It was amazing to watch the swelling go down as I started drinking the water (and peeing like you would not believe…it was worse than when I was pregnant!). So, I wasn’t the least bit surprised to weigh in a week later and see this kind of loss:

Weigh In 11-13-11 (15.4 lb loss)

So, where am I at now? I don’t know…haven’t weighed since November 13th. I’m still drinking the water but that’s about it. But I’m ready to get back in the groove of eating healthy, exercising and just feeling good again! I miss how I felt when I was making healthy choices. I miss sweating…man do I ever miss sweating & the feeling after a good workout!
So….here I am back and sharing what’s going on and getting ready to get my groove back 🙂

How are you doing?

Me

17 Responses to Houston, We Have a Problem!

1. Jillian says:

I can’t believe you lost fifteen pounds in one week! That’s insane, like, Biggest Loser stuff! Awesome job.

2. teresa says:

I’m so glad you’re back!! I’ve missed you.
    And what a great proving of the power of water!!!!
    Great first step.
    I’ll be here cheering you on as you take your next steps.

• admin says:

Hi Teresa! Thanks…it feels good to be back. I have lots to get caught up on – I don’t even want to check my Google reader cause I’m sure I’ll have 1,000+ blog posts in there from everyone cause I’m so far behind on reading! lol

Yep, this definitely does show the power of water (and how important it really is to our bodies!)

3. Great way to tackle your baby step Tishia! I’ve completely fallen off any type of healthy living bandwagon, to the point where I’m officially the heaviest ever (not counting pregnancy weight). I need to remember the baby steps myself so I’ll tackle the water too!

• Author (Tishia) says:

Christina – I think water is the first place that everyone should start. It’s fairly easy to work on & not as overwhelming as focusing on ‘oh I have to lose _____ lbs.’

4. Jodie says:

Glad to have you back!! Every day is a new day where you have the chance to do what is right for your body! Well done drinking all the water. I have a 32 oz cup I use or else I won’t get it all in!

• Author (Tishia) says:

Hi Jodie 🙂 Thanks for the welcome back. You are exactly right – every day is a new day! I’ll break that down even more and say that every minute/every hour is a new minute/hour to do something right!

5. Hi, I know how hard it is to loose weight and keep it off. I would not have thought that drinking so much water would kick start the weight loss. I’ll have to give that a try. I always keep this in my mind. . . ‘stay the course’ – Good luck with your weight loss!

• Author (Tishia) says:

Hi Kevin. Yep, I was retaining a ton of fluid so the water flushed my system jump starting my weight loss a lot 🙂

6. Serena says:

I’m in the same boat, Tishia – fell off the wagon and haven’t been able to get back on. I have the same diet soda problem, and you’ve inspired me to get back to the water as well. Cheaper too! 🙂

• Author (Tishia) says:

Hi Serena! Glad I inspired you to get back to the water! And yes, you’re right it is definitely cheaper!

7. Erin says:

Hey Tishia! So glad to see a post from you! Congrats on your 15 pound water weight loss! You can do this!

8. Angela Wills says:

Hey Tishia,

I just randomly happened over here from facebook as I haven’t been here in quite a while. At first I was saddened to see you were sad about your weight and the swelling and pain but as I read on I’m glad you’re feeling better!

Keep it up. I need to drink more water, too.

• Author (Tishia) says:

Hi Angela! Thanks, I’m feeling great now that the swelling is completely gone and I’ve been eating healthy and moving around more!